I know, I know. I’ve been MIA for the past few days. Our daughter is on Spring Break, as is much of the country apparently because we’ve all seemed to have gathered in the same spot. We had to try four different hotels before finding a place to lay our heads. No, I didn’t make reservations obviously. We come here every year and it has been my experience that regardless of internet specials, it is still cheaper to just wait and pay when we get here. Anyway, none of this really matters. Here’s some news blips from the past couple of days.
Mag. 6 earthquake hits off Japan
484 earthquakes in Iceland in the last 48 hours Unbelievable!
As you undoubtedly know, events are unfolding in North Korea that deserve our serious consideration. I have a friend who is spending the year in South Korea, teaching English to middle schoolers through the Fulbright program. She, and many other people here in America, think there is nothing to worry about. An attack by North Korea would be suicide on their part. However, during these Last Days, I say anything is possible; especially when dealing with an immature, power-hungry lunatic. Here are some news blips:
U.S. on alert for nuclear blast overhead
North Korea blocks entry to Kaesong industrial zone
China mobilizes troops, jets near Korea
- North Korea says it plans to restart shuttered nuclear reactor (cnn.com)
- Breaking: N. Korea Says to Enter “State of War” Against S. Korea – KCNA (democraticunderground.com)
- North Korea says it will restart nuclear facilities (usatoday.com)
- Mongolia Seeks to Play Peacemaker as North Korea Declares ‘War’ – Bloomberg (bloomberg.com)
- S. Korea: ‘Strong response’ to any attack (edition.cnn.com)
- THIRD TEST?Earthquake Detected in North Korea Near Nuke Site (foxnews.com)
- State of uncertainty declared in North Iceland because of earthquakes (theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com)