Why aren’t Christians growing? More specifically, why do Christians become stagnant in Christ-like growth?
What Occurs in Salvation?
If we think about some of what occurs in salvation, this question becomes even more urgent. When we come to Christ, we are:
- Delivered from the domain of darkness and transferred to the kingdom of Christ, releasing us from bondage to sin and Satan (Col. 1:13; Rom. 6:5-7).
- Redeemed from God’s wrath and forgiven our sin, restoring our relationship with God (Col. 1:14).
- Given the Holy Spirit (Eph. 1:13; Rom. 8:9-11).
- Made a new Creation (2 Cor. 5:17).
- Given a new desire for the things of God (Rom. 7:22).
If these things, and more, occur in salvation, how can we be stagnant in Christ-like growth?
How is it Possible to be Stagnant in Christ-like Growth?
Paul addresses this issue with the Corinthians in 1 Corinthians 3, when he says starting in verse 1,
View original post 581 more words