I posted on genetic and biological engineering earlier todayand suggested it will be connected to the mark of the beast. Now pay attention to what LA and David discuss in this video. I posted the other before I saw this video.
These “aliens” are not our friends! They are the enemy of your soul, destined for an eternity in the Lake of Fire! YOU don’t have to join them there!
The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.
II Peter 3:9 NKJV
According to the above definition, something is considered paranormal when it cannot be explained by science. It is akin to supernatural.
By these definitions miracles could fall under paranormal/supernatural phenomena. All Christians believe in miracle’s, right? It is socially acceptable among Christians to believe in miracles. We usually place miracles in their own category, though. That’s understandable, and even appropriate.
When we think of the paranormal, ghosts, demons, cryptids and even aliens come to mind. We also lump witchcraft, psychics, and sorceries into the paranormal genre. That’s good; these entities do operate outside of known science and explanation.
The question is: Should Christians give the paranormal any recognition? Should we care about it? Too often we say no. After all, God forbids talking to spirits, witchcraft and sorcery….right? Yes He does, but only in the sense that we seek it out and look to it for guidance and answers. That is forbidden. Let me be clear: I am not telling you to go “ghost hunting” or any other such thing!
Without further ado, let’s look at the top 7 reasons Christians should be paying attention to the paranormal, or at the very least, quit ignoring it:
7. It isn’t just for those partial to tin-foil hats anymore. All things paranormal, including aliens, are becoming increasingly more mainstream. People want something to believe in; they want answers. That’s why shows such as Ghost Hunters and Ancient Aliens are so popular.
6. More politicians and military personel are hinting at disclosure. Once hush-hush, more “credible” people are coming forward with stories of sightings and encounters.
5. What was once taboo is now encouraged. Topics such as witch craft and vampirism are taking hold of our children….and even adults….at an alarming rate. What was once delegated to the horror genre is now romantic and inspirational, bringing in millions in book sales and the box office.
4. Eastern Mysticism is widely accepted. While that statement covers several aspects of American society, it is increasingly true for what may be termed “New Age” philosophy. The idea that we are all one with the universe, just waiting to transcend into our higher selves, is both new age and paranormal for it focuses on spiritual matters. Things such as astral projection fall into this category as well. Believe me when I say, people are interested and buying into this hook, line and sinker.
3. People are having experiences every day! Whether it be seeing shadow people, sleep paralysis, or a terrifying alien abduction experience, people are reporting their experiences. As part of my research I am a member of several Facebook groups that provide a platform for people to report their experiences. Those who have never had a ghostly or other paranormal encounter often express their desire for one. I am not talking about small groups of people. Each group has members by the thousands. As I said in number 7, people want something to believe in.
2. Paranormal activity is spiritual warfare. As Christians, we are engaged in two battlegrounds: the flesh, and spiritual warfare. I am amazed at how many Christians focus so intently on the battle with the flesh (and rightly so) but completely disregard Ephesians 6.
For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints—
Ephesians 6:12-18 NKJV
Whether it be ghosts (despite how friendly they seem, it is not your Grandma), or a so-called alien, it is demonic in origin and thus qualifies as spiritual warfare. All the paranormal/New Age philosophies are doctrines of demons. Spiritual warfare. The enemy and his fallen companions are out to steal, kill, and destroy, seeking whom they may devour. They will take any measures necessary to see to it that a human being rejects Jesus, even appearing as an angel of light.
But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed. As we have said before, so now I say again, if anyone preaches any other gospel to you than what you have received, let him be accursed.
Galatians 1:8-9 NKJV
And no wonder! For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works.
II Corinthians 11:14-15 NKJV
Time to Armor Up Christian!
And now, the number one reason Christians should pay attention to the paranormal:
1. THERE IS POWER IN THE NAME OF JESUS! Joe Jordan is the founder of the CE4 Research group. He and his colleagues research alien abductions, UFOs and other alien phenomena. Joe began as a MUFON investigator. At one point in his investigations, he stumbled upon a very unexpected bit of information. Alien abductions can and have been stopped by calling upon Jesus. Over the years, Joe and his colleagues have documented hundreds of cases where abductees openly admit that simply calling out to Jesus Christ made the abduction stop. Even better, those who came to trust in Christ as Lord and Savior never had another abduction experience again. I read of one lady who told Joe she called out to Jesus, but it did not work. After asking her a few questions, Joe learned the woman had called out to a different Jesus….the New Age Jesus/Christ Consciousness and NOT the True Christ of the Bible. I have heard of similar cases where sleep paralysis and its accompanying shadow man have also been overcome by calling out to Jesus. The power isn’t in the name itself, but in the Person behind that Name. If that isn’t reason enough for Christians to become vocal concerning the paranormal, I really don’t know what to tell you. As ambassadors for Christ, we are called to take the Gospel into all the world.
There is a whole other mission field in dire need of the Truth!
Until He comes!