In his first address to a Joint Session of Congress and to the nation since his Inaugural, President Trump focused primary on rebuilding and reigniting the lackluster American economy and creating millions of new jobs.
But he also devoted important time to his foreign policy and national security goals. Among them:
- Protect the nation from the threat of “radical Islamic terrorism.”
- Attack and defeat the forces of the Islamic State, which he described as “a network of lawless savages that have slaughtered Muslims and Christians, and men, and women, and children of all faiths and all beliefs.”
- Protect America’s borders from illegal infiltrations.
- Strengthen America’s alliance with the State of Israel.
- Work closely with “our Muslim friends and alliances” to advance security and peace.
- Support and work with our NATO allies, while encouraging each NATO ally to pay its full 2% of their GDP as agreed to in the alliance’s charter.
- Invest heavily in rebuilding…
View original post 909 more words